- First ran for Mayor of Detroit, because was going to be term-limited, and in an odd year, his mother's campaign structure had nothing else to do;
- Was first elected, because America's First Hip-Hop Mayor was too irresistible for the voters to pass up;
- Was re-elected in 2005, because he was running a different race -- yes, that has multiple meanings -- than Freeman Hendrix;
- Was finally caught, because he'd believed his own hype;
- Initially denied everything, because he still believed his own hype;
- Still considered himself a victim, because narcissists do that;
- Complained about his jail time, because of all the above;
- And, finally, scored a sweet gig, regardless of his boss' supposed short leash (which all 2009 wage slaves have) because money and politics make the world go 'round.
The one thing I was surprised by: how did he do all that texting with those big, beefy ex-lineman fingers.
Remarkable. All of it.